Saturday, January 15, 2022 9:00 - 10:00 AM
Saturday, March 12, 2022 10:00 - 11:00 AM
See available classes
Our training partner, Career Training Solutions, has an affiliation agreement with VCA Animal Hospitals. To guarantee externship placement and complete the required 40 hours, the student should be available two full-time business days each week.
Students must be 18 or over and have a high school diploma or equivalent. Basic computer literacy and the ability to navigate one's own computer is strongly preferred.
$1,399 due at the time of registration in the form of a Visa or MasterCard*.
*Contact the program office if you are being sponsored by a third-party such as vocational rehabilitation, workers' compensation insurance, etc.
Elsevier’s Veterinary Assisting Textbook, 3rd Edition; ISBN-13: 978-0323681452 and Elsevier’s Veterinary Assisting Workbook, 3rd Edition; ISBN-13: 978-0323681636. Students are provided a link to order textbooks directly from the publisher.
Students must have access to a computer, laptop, tablet or phone with internet capability and sound.
Students who successfully complete the 140 hours of training will receive a Certificate of Completion. This is a not-for-credit, vocational training program offered by Community Education at Sierra College and students will not earn any units towards a degree.
- If received seven (7) business days prior to the starting date, the refund amount will be the course fee less a $250 administrative fee.
- If received prior to the third class meeting, the refund amount will be the course fee less a $400 administrative fee plus prorated consumable supplies up to $450.
- No refund will be granted after the third class meeting. Students who are dismissed from the program are not eligible for a refund. This is an intensive program and we make no guarantee of completion or passage.
- Average wage in California is $17.13 hourly, $35,620 annually.
- Jobs for veterinary assistants are expected to grow 16% from 2019 to 2029.