See available classes
Next class begins fall 2021!
Our training partner, Career Training Solutions, has an affiliation agreement with CVS and Walgreens. To guarantee externship placement and complete the required 120 hours, the student should be available three full-time business days each week.
Externship Alternative - If COVID-19 is still affecting the community at the end of class, the student may elect to sit for the ExCPT exam in lieu of externship.
Students must be 18 or over and have a high school diploma or equivalent. Basic computer literacy and the ability to navigate one's own computer is strongly preferred.
$2,199 due at the time of registration in the form of a Visa or MasterCard*.
*Contact the program office if you are being sponsored by a third-party such as vocational rehabilitation, workers' compensation insurance, etc.
Pharmacy Practice for Technicians 6e, Pharmacy Labs 3e text, eBooks+EOC, Drug Guide w/ Course Navigator Access Code ISBN: 978-0-76387-981-5. Students are provided a link to order textbooks directly from the publisher.
Students must have access to a computer, laptop, tablet or phone with internet capability and sound.
This program has been approved by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) and the National Healthcareer Association (NHA). Both certifications are recognized by the California Board of Pharmacy. Students who successfully complete the 260-hours may apply for licensure with the California Board of Pharmacy (application fee is $195). This course meets the education requirements under Business and Professional Code Section 4202. This is a not-for-credit, vocational training program offered by Community Education at Sierra College and students will not earn any units towards a degree.
- If received seven (7) business days prior to the starting date, the refund amount will be the course fee less a $250 administrative fee.
- If received prior to the third class meeting, the refund amount will be the course fee less a $400 administrative fee plus prorated consumable supplies up to $450.
- No refund will be granted after the third class meeting. Students who are dismissed from the program are not eligible for a refund. This is an intensive program and we make no guarantee of completion or passage.
- Average wage in California is $22.89 hourly, $47,620 annually.
- Jobs for pharmacy technicians are expected to grow 4% between 2019 and 2029 (average for all occupations).