Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions...

Q:   What is Community Education?

A:   Community Education at Sierra College offers classes and activities designed to meet the personal enrichment and professional development interests of our diverse community.  Our courses are short-term, not-for-credit, fee-based classes, workshops and training programs.  Community Education classes are separate from the academic offerings of the College.  Not-for-credit classes are not equivalent to credit offerings and cannot be used to fulfill credit requirements.  The program is self-supporting from class fees, receiving no funds from the College or state/local taxes.  The publication and mailing of our free catalog, the Kaleidoscope, is also made possible by the fees collected from our Community Education classes.  Fees are based on the instructor salaries, supplies, facilities and administrative costs.  We offer classes at all four Sierra College campuses as well as off-site locations in the community.

Q:  Where is the Community Education Office located?

A:  We are located at 316 Vernon Street, Suite 249, Roseville, CA 95678, at the Sierra College - Roseville Center. Our phone number is 916-781-6280. 

Q:  What are Community Education office hours?

A:  The Community Education regular office hours are 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Thursday,  9:00am-12:00pm on Friday's. Regular holidays and breaks observed.  Summer hours: 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Thursday, Friday's closed.

Q:  Who can sign up for Community Education classes?

A:  Community Education classes are open to anyone inside or outside of the district. In general, you must be 18 to attend adult classes. Sports Camps indicate age or grade level.

Q:  Why should I sign up early?

A:  Early sign up assures a place in "high demand" classes. Sign up is on a first-come, first-served basis.

Please make every effort to sign up at least 5 days before the start date. Your enrollment may make the difference as to whether a class goes or is cancelled.

Q:  What is Community Education's refund policy?

A:  Please call our office at 916-781-6280 to request to withdraw from a class; the request needs to be three (3) business days prior to the starting date, a refund will be granted, less a $15 transaction fee. Exceptions:  Healthcare and Trips & Travel students have their own specific refunds. Please note there is "no refund" for transferred classes. Student can only transfer one-time.

Because Community Education courses are self-supporting, we count on registration fees for our instructors' salaries and to cover supply and equipment costs. Therefore, we cannot issue refunds once the course begins. A full refund is automatically granted if class is cancelled by the Community Education Office.

Q:  What happens if a class is cancelled?

A:  If Community Education cancels a class for any reason, those pre-registered will be notified by telephone or email, provided they have given us a daytime number and email address, and payment will be refunded in full.

We also reserve the right to substitute instructors or reschedule classrooms/class times if such is necessary.

Q:  Do Community Education students have to pay for parking?

A:  Yes. Sierra College has paid parking on the Rocklin, Nevada County and Truckee Campuses. The fee is $3 per day. There are daily parking permit dispensers located near the entrances of the parking lots. Paid parking is in effect from 7am to 11pm. except on holidays & weekends (4pm Friday to 11pm Sunday). Refer to campus maps to locate parking and classrooms.  Please note the parking meters only take debit Visa/MC, credit cards or one dollar bills.

Parking is FREE at the Roseville Center - 405  Vernon Street in the Parking Garage. 

Q:  Where are Community Education classes held?

A:  Classes are held at the Rocklin Campus, Nevada County Campus, Roseville Center, and Truckee Center and various locations throughout the Community. Please be aware of the location of your class which can be found on your student confirmation or located in the current Kaleidoscope catalog. If a class is moved the door will have a posting with new class information.

Q:  Where can I view maps of the Sierra College campuses?

A:  You can view maps of the Rocklin Campus, Nevada County Campus and Roseville Campus on our Home page. There is a link located at the bottom of the home page "Campus Maps".

Q:  If I am enrolling my child in a camp, do I enter my name or theirs?

A:  When enrolling for classes or camps you must sign on as the student, (the name you want on the roster) and follow the registration process.  If registering multiple children, it is best to do one registration at a time, each time signing on as the student and completing the registration process.  Credit Card payment is verified by billing address, so there is no need to put the payee's name.  Please note if you accidentally enroll yourself by mistake just let the instructor know at the time of class who is attending.

Q:  What happens to my personal information?

A:  Sierra College Community Education office is committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. We may use the information collected to contact you regarding course information, promotional updates, specials, and new additions to the Community Education website. Also, we do not store your credit card number on our website.

Q:  Trouble receiving email sent to your email address?

A.  To avoid being inadvertently blocked by SPAM settings, we recommend that students and instructors simply add our organization's email address to your personal address book. Be sure to check your JUNK mail to see if an email got diverted there.

Q:  Can I register on the day of class?

A:  You may register at the class if there is space available.  Exceptions: Healthcare and Trips & Travel classes.

Q:  To whom do I pay the material fee?

A:  Pay material fees in cash directly to the instructor at class.

Q:  How do I access Instructor Bio's?

A:  You can access Instructor Bio's by going to "Browse Classes" enter class number or keyword from course title into "Course Name" field then click on Instructor's name.

Q:  How do I change my password?

A:   You can change your password by logging into our website; go to "My Profile" on the left.  Then go to "Edit Profile" located at the top of the page.  There you can make any personal changes you like.

Q:   How do I replace my lost DL389 Motorcycle Certificate?

A:   Go to – click the graphic FOR CLASSES AND MORE INFORMATION CLICK HERE – select FAQ, and then HOW DO I OBTAIN A DL389 replacement?


Questions? Email us!